Tue, Feb 13, 2018 ((Feb 21, 2021))<br/>
Team: Lyndi (Aslene), Jane (Cael), Proud (Aunne), Shiro (DragoN), Isabelica (Basil), Sylvena (Dae), Kromrak (DM)
The team uses the Fulcrum Moment to ask questions and refine their plan for endgame. They also use the Moment to gauge Aedin’s reaction to their plan for Adinzar without him knowing. Aedin is amenable, with conditions, so they pitch it for real. They send Marina Tasis away in the stolen shuttle. The team hacks the 86G fungus to make it ready to merge with Adinzar and regulate its flows of power, then put the giant fungus ball in the Bottle of Holding. The lab collapses and they leave. They settle up with Nantuk, who departs for Ravnica. They set course for Marlene’s Citadel, to conclude Aedin’s judgment.
== Details ==
* Delphine Warwick, Changeling, Senior aide to Caterina, explains that Caterina is hoping to create a splinter movement
* Caterina has no special power over Adinzar. She just wants it to help the Fated armada win the battle for Sigil Space (taking it from the Harmonium)
* Armada LRC, including troopships with mechadead, both humanoid and beast Fated ships, matching the models you saw in the Hall of Records Githyanki, both ships and red dragons Reavers, which the other ships give some space
** LRC are mercs, so they’ll flee if losing
** The Fated lack combat experience
** The Githyanki are solid and powerful
** Reavers are scary and not trustworthy
* Fated and LRC staff readying Seeds of Calamity for the demonstration
* Sylvena Sylvena frowns at the mention of a graven hulk, but she does not comment.
* Max: Seeds of Calamity is an iteration of an earlier hulk, the Mad King’s Cauldron. That hulk was originally designed by Astrid Bluegrease, a necrotynker on Tessera. The Cauldron had embryonic mutation pods in its crown that trapped creatures and converted them into primitive mechadead. A fist of Unbound, the Titan Breakers, killed Bluegrease and later defeated the Cauldron. Another fist of Unbound, the Shadow Walkers (including Perfidy), encountered Zammond, a small-scale prototype for the Cauldron. Thus, we have solid background data on this lineage of hulks.
* Max: We anticipate that Seeds of Calamity will also be a spawner-type hulk. It will use the advanced mechadead tec that Berrett and the Death Dragons have developed. In addition to its mechadead spawn, it will have solid armor, resistance to magic, and both melee and ranged attacks. It will be powered by bloodstones. Of course, that’s on top of being at least 80 feet high and made of living stone.
* Bron: Remember also that we saw the Gruul Clans, preparing to disrupt the demonstration and free the wurm!
* Plan for Ravnica
** Get Belica get to the heart of the hulk, assume command of the hulk, empower the wurm
** Lyndi can divine channel and free the souls from the bloodstones
** Heart team: Lyndi & Belica. Head team: Proud & Shiro. Wurm: Kromrak & Jane. Flex: Sylvena
* Caterina wants to create Githynaki, Inc.
* Delanos Skyguard is a leader in the Order of Silver Comets. They specialize in surveiling liches and tracking down their phylacteries through Sphere Net
* The Covenant gives Belica the first step in accessing Sphere Net
* Proud tries to pick the Dancer’s pocket but gets sourkraut
* Family means sharing your sourkraut
* Aedin: In The Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas writes, “Nothing makes time pass or shortens the way like a thought that absorbs in itself all the faculties of the one who is thinking. External existence is then like a sleep of which this thought is the dream. Under its influence, time has no more measure, space has no more distance.” Do you think he was describing a fulcrum moment?
* RB lets Marina check the files on demon detection, which are gone
* Marina leaves in the LRC shuttle, saying that she’s on her way to Ravnica, and long-range tracking by the RB fleet says she got there
* Jane uses the Fulcrum Moment to talk with Aedin without his awareness
* Isabelica: Belica and Lum are vibing in a corner discussing the merits of glitter in celestial
* Talking with Aedin about the plan to ground Adinzar
* Aedin seeks assurance that the Amonkhetians won’t try to destroy Adinzar
* Aedin seeks assurance that others won’t come to destroy or control Adinzar
* Team plans to create a secret society to really protect the pyramid, and then a nonsense conspiracy organization to throw up smoke
* Aedin seek assurance that the Relentless Understanding will get a diet of new information and experiences
* Aedin: In Dracula, Van Helsing says, “I have learned not to think little of any one’s belief, no matter how strange it be. I have tried to keep an open mind; and it is not the ordinary things of life that could close it, but the strange things, the extraordinary things, the things that make one doubt if they be mad or sane.”
* Jane side hugs Aedin
* Aedin looks surprised and quietly happy by his first hug in his life
* Jane leads the conversation for real
* Sylvena provides advanced gene-hacking code (n20: she finds hidden, advanced code 86G hadn’t used yet)
* Belica commands the fungal zombies to spread the gene-hack
* Shiro uses the gene-hacking devices to deploy the gene-hack
* Jane calls on her druidic powers to spread the gene-hack almost instantaneously
* Kromrak, Proud, and Phobos destroy any fungus or fungal undead that resist the hack
* The fungus withdraws into a giant ball, which Shiro puts in the Bottle of Holding
* As the fungus withdraws, the lab begins collapsing
* Proud, Shiro, and Phobos rush to Bronislav
* The team leaves as the lab is destroyed by the ocean
* Aedin: In Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Jules Verne writes, “The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the `Living Infinite,′ as one of your poets has said.” Is this a real book?
* Discussion of whether Jules Verne was Unbound
* Kromrak had loaded the dropship with food, water, valuables, repair materials and tools, and Rakdos worship paraphenalia, so that’s in Bron and comes back to the Tardigrade
* Lyndi and Shiro negotiate with Nantuk
* Shiro gives him psychic paint
* Nantuk agrees that he would have died if he went to 86G by himself
* Nantuk’s contact with the Cult of Rakdos is Astrellon Okez (she/her), bariaur fixer
* Lyndi says that if Nantuk can get schematics for the Seeds of Calamity graven hulk, Raptor Blue will trade him 6 kgs of T’Aramont metametal
* Nantuk returns to Ravnica in his pod
* Mikell Pavlovich asks to transfer to the Temerity, to help Ruby Bridges improve the ship further
* Lyndi agrees